Wednesday 8 June 2016

Transformation and kick-ass granola

So, I'm back from my trip to Asia. The last weeks were mainly spent drooling in various food blogs and thinking about changing the name and language of my blog to better reflect the new me who's behind the screen now. And voilá: from the ashes of Pata ja Kattila, Delicananda was born! Recipes and musings about food in English, experiments in the kitchen, tales of travels and all that jazz. Welcome!

After landing in Finland and getting to my mom's recently redone kitchen I was almost delirious with happines. I get to cook and bake again! Yipypiyippeeee! So, without further ado or adon't, let's get to it. The first thing I made and the first recipe of the new and improved blog I'm sharing with you is... *drumroll, please* A BREAKFAST GRANOLA! The inspiration is from one of my favourite blogs ever, Syötävän hyvä, namely these two posts. I've never made granola myself before, so now was the high time. And it turned out awesome!


The marriage of delicious nuts, seeds and flakes, roasted in the oven into crunchy perfection. Just try it! Plain out of the jar a a snack or sprinkled into your favourite type of yoghurt. These would also work wonders in a chia pudding or a topping for an ice cream. The possibilities are endless!


Crunchy granola


0,5 dl buckwheat flakes

0,5 dl millet flakes (can be subbed with oat/quinoa...)

2 dl nut mix (e.g. cashews, almonds, brazil nuts, pecans...)

0,5 - 1 dl seed mix (I used peeled hemp seeds, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds)

3 tbsp coconut oil

2 tbsp maple syrup

1 tbsp cinnamon

1 egg white


Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add wet ingredients and mix until you get an evenly distributed, sticky looking mixture. Spread out on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and roast in 175 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until the nuts have started to get a little colour and the texture is getting crunchier. Mix a couple of times during the roasting. Cool and store in an airtight container. Use in every way imaginable!



No comments:

Post a Comment