Tuesday 14 June 2016

Chickpea loves peanut butter and chocolate (cookies!)



When I cook, I usually don't make small portions. The same apparently applies to cooking chickpeas. I needed some for the sweet potato falafels and choc chip cookies, so I decided to cook enough to serve a small family. Which meant I had to come up with more ways to use them. Wait, did someone say "more cookies"?

I think I did. And this is what I made. I just bought some lovely Urtekram organic peanut butter, so these babies pack a really nutty punch. Which doesn't mean that they cannot be eaten by the handful. They can. And should.

My mom's poor hand mixer almost died a slow and painful death when trying to deal with the sticky dough, so my cookies still have some chunks of chickpeas in them. I recommend using a powerful food processor and/or thinning out the batter a little with water etc. These won't be as crunchy as the choc chip cookies I posted about before, but they're still pretty damn yummy!




Chickpeas meet peanut butter and chocolate and fall in love

makes 16 cookies

(original recipe here)


1 can / 3 dl cooked chickpeas

1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter

3 tbsp raw cacao powder

1/3 cup maple syrup

1 tbsp vanilla powder

1 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp salt


Preheat your oven to 180ºC and line a baking tray with parchment paper.

Wash the chickpeas well and place all ingredients into a food processor. Blend for a minute, until ingredients are well combined and the dough is smooth and creamy.

Using a spoon, scoop the biscuits into balls and place onto the baking tray. Then press the biscuits down with your hands so they're fairly flat. Bake for 20-25 mins. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment